Queen’s Park children’s delight as Santa visits South Kilburn
Father Christmas and his helpers hands out gifts to youngsters
Delighted schoolchildren were given a yuletide surprise after Santa Claus paid them a visit and handed out presents as a festive treat.
The reception pupils from St Luke’s Primary School in Fernhead Road, Queen’s Park, were thrilled to see Father Christmas who arrived with his sleigh, elves and even snow in South Kilburn.
After meeting the pupils and handing out presents, Santa then paid a visit to the Tabot Centre in Granville Road, Kilburn, an after school club, where he once again introduced handed out presents with his helpers.
The event yesterday (Tuesday) was organised by Willmott Dixon who are building 50 new homes at nearby Carlton Vale for Catalyst Housing.
You may also want to watch:
Keith Lambert, construction manager for Willmott Dixon said: “Christmas is a special time of the year, especially for young people, and we were delighted to persuade Santa to pay an early visit to meet the children.
“We are not a construction company that arrives in a community to build large projects and then moves on; we want to make an impact in that community and seeing the excited faces on the pupils when they saw Santa was brilliant!”
- 1 Indian Covid variant found in Brent
- 2 Man arrested and knife found after police chase through Willesden Green
- 3 A full-time dedicated Euros Policing Team will police Wembley Stadium
- 4 Two Brent gang members sentenced for £1.1m fraud involvement
- 5 Three men arrested and gun seized after Neasden car stop
- 6 Man shot multiple times in Dudden Hill remains in stable condition
- 7 'Residents have faced a living nightmare as a result of the cladding scandal'
- 8 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 9 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
- 10 Police 'determined' to find Wembley man who failed to appear at court
Lena McManus, Catalyst project manager, said: “Catalyst is really proud of being part of the South Kilburn regeneration and we were thrilled to learn that Santa and his reindeer were able to make an early stopover. It was great to see so many smiling faces.”