Queen’s Park children’s delight as Santa visits South Kilburn
Father Christmas and his helpers hands out gifts to youngsters
Delighted schoolchildren were given a yuletide surprise after Santa Claus paid them a visit and handed out presents as a festive treat.
The reception pupils from St Luke’s Primary School in Fernhead Road, Queen’s Park, were thrilled to see Father Christmas who arrived with his sleigh, elves and even snow in South Kilburn.
After meeting the pupils and handing out presents, Santa then paid a visit to the Tabot Centre in Granville Road, Kilburn, an after school club, where he once again introduced handed out presents with his helpers.
The event yesterday (Tuesday) was organised by Willmott Dixon who are building 50 new homes at nearby Carlton Vale for Catalyst Housing.
You may also want to watch:
Keith Lambert, construction manager for Willmott Dixon said: “Christmas is a special time of the year, especially for young people, and we were delighted to persuade Santa to pay an early visit to meet the children.
“We are not a construction company that arrives in a community to build large projects and then moves on; we want to make an impact in that community and seeing the excited faces on the pupils when they saw Santa was brilliant!”
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 4 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 5 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 6 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 7 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 8 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent pub...REVEALED
- 9 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
- 10 Police looking for man in Wembley after 'threats to kill'
Lena McManus, Catalyst project manager, said: “Catalyst is really proud of being part of the South Kilburn regeneration and we were thrilled to learn that Santa and his reindeer were able to make an early stopover. It was great to see so many smiling faces.”