QPR youngsters to be handed first-team chance
Harriman, Doughty and Ehmer will all get an opportunity to shine, promises Hughes
Young trio Michael Harriman, Max Ehmer and Michael Doughty will all be handed first-team opportunities this season, manager Mark Hughes has revealed.
The Rangers youngsters were all heavily involved in the pre-season tour of Asia and, featured again in Saturday’s 1-1 draw with Turkish side Trabzonspor in Germany.
Hughes and the Rangers hierarchy have identified improving the club’s youth policy a priority, and the manager admitted he has been impressed by the progress of all three players.
None of the three are yet 21 years old, allowing them to be included in Hughes’s 25-man squad for the new campaign, and Hughes suggested all will be afforded plenty of chances to impress.
You may also want to watch:
“We want to see young players coming through the ranks because then our fans will have a special affinity to those,” said Hughes.
“I’d like to think we can see more of them throughout the season. They’re young lads and can supplement the 25, so they’re certainly there or thereabouts.”
- 1 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 2 Met officer found guilty of assault after grabbing victim when off duty
- 3 Free vaccine walk-in at Central Middlesex Hospital
- 4 Appeal for information after man shot in Stonebridge
- 5 The Wembley flats with camper vans on the roof and furniture wearing boots
- 6 Teenager convicted of murdering Jamalie Deacon Matthew in Northwick Park
- 7 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 8 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 9 Kensal Rise group 'biggest team' taking on Blenheim Palace Triathlon 2021
- 10 Human remains found in Neasden believed to be missing Agnes Akom
“They’ve done really well. We took them in fairness just to expose them to the senior group and see how they dealt with it.
“They’ve probably played a lot better than I expected, which is good because it shows that they can step up and when they’ve got good players around them they look good players themselves.”
Follow me on Twitter @QPRTimes.