QPR winger ‘very close’ to getting opportunity in first team says Warburton
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Olamide Shodipo, Jack Clarke and Aramide Oteh will be given chances in first team says Queens Park Rangers boss Mark Warburton.
Mark Warburton says winger Olamide Shodipo is 'very close' to getting an opportunity in the first team.
The R's host Barnsley at the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium on Saturday, a side they were beaten 5-3 by earlier this season.
Warburton has made very few changes to his side in recent weeks with Rangers currently on a six-game unbeaten run.
But the QPR boss insists other players will get their chance before the end of the season with Shodipo, who has been an unused substitute in the last two games, being one of them.
You may also want to watch:
'He knows he's very, very close to getting his opportunity,' Warburton told qpr.co.uk.
'Jack Clarke, Rem (Aramide Oteh), all of these guys know that it's there and they are going to be called upon in the next few weeks to make what I hope is a very significant contribution.
- 1 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 2 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 3 Hope for the Welsh Harp
- 4 QPR boss Warburton says they will be prepared for a strong Rotherham side
- 5 Pubs in Kensal reopen after Covid lockdown
- 6 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 7 Kilburn welcomes back eager gym-goers
- 8 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
- 9 Homeless in Brent, Covid and Ramadan support
- 10 Brent Council worker Vithun Illankovan on his time in The Circle
'Luke's (Amos) had to be out for a few games.
'Ilias (Chair) after a really good run where he's dipped in and scored a couple of goals has had to be content with the bench.
'Patience is required, it's part and parcel of being a professional athlete. When your time comes, take it.
'It's making sure they understand their importance to the squad. That type of competition is vital for us.'