QPR will not sell injured star, vows Redknapp
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Harry Redknapp says there is ‘not a chance’ that QPR will seek to sell midfielder Alejandro Faurlin while he is sidelined through injury.
Faurlin suffered anterior cruciate ligament damage during Rangers’ win over Derby County two weeks ago, and is not expected to return until May at the earliest.
The Argentine’s contract expires at the end of this season, fuelling speculation that the 27-year-old may have played his last game in the blue and white shirt.
However, Redknapp insists that club owner Tony Fernandes and chief executive Phil Beard will not look to move Faurlin on while he is recovering.
“I would have to speak to the owners, but you wouldn’t bomb out a player who is injured,” said the QPR manager. “You don’t suddenly cast him to one side if he’s not fit. The people who own this club would not do that, not a chance.”
Faurlin joined Rangers in July 2009 and has made 122 appearances in all competitions, scoring five times. In January 2012, he suffered an almost identical injury in his other knee.
He had featured heavily for Redknapp this season, and the manager believes that the South American can make a full recovery from the second serious injury of his career.
- 1 Pensioner dies and bus passengers injured in Wembley collision
- 2 Victim speaks out after Hampstead machete robbery
- 3 'Predator' acted as masseur to assault women
- 4 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 5 Brent tenant 'distressed' at housing waiting list change
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 8 Man due in court over Wembley murder
- 9 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
- 10 Unarmed boy stabbed to death in his home by group ‘out for blood’, court told
Redknapp added: “He got back in the team and was playing very well. He was excellent against Wigan and against Derby. It’s a real shame for him because he’s a smashing lad.
“I’m sure he can recover, he’s determined enough to do that. I’m sure he’ll come back from it and get his career back on track.”