QPR weigh up move for West Ham striker
BENNI McCarthy played for QPR’s reserves in a behind-closed-doors friendly at Tottenham on Tuesday afternoon.
The South African foward, 33, is out of favour at West Ham and is being considered for a loan move to Loftus Road.
McCarthy enjoyed a successful three-and-a-half years at Blackburn, but has been criticised for being unfit and overweight since moving to east London just under a year ago.
He previously established himself as a formidable striker for Ajax, Celta Vigo and Porto.
More recently, the striker’s career has nosedived, and last year he was left out of his national team’s World Cup squad.
You may also want to watch:
McCarthy, South Africa’s all-time top scorer, has made only six first-team appearances for West Ham this season.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 4 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 5 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 6 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 7 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 8 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 9 Mayhew staff cull risk as animal charity is 'restructured'
- 10 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed