QPR weigh up move for West Ham striker
BENNI McCarthy played for QPR’s reserves in a behind-closed-doors friendly at Tottenham on Tuesday afternoon.
The South African foward, 33, is out of favour at West Ham and is being considered for a loan move to Loftus Road.
McCarthy enjoyed a successful three-and-a-half years at Blackburn, but has been criticised for being unfit and overweight since moving to east London just under a year ago.
He previously established himself as a formidable striker for Ajax, Celta Vigo and Porto.
More recently, the striker’s career has nosedived, and last year he was left out of his national team’s World Cup squad.
McCarthy, South Africa’s all-time top scorer, has made only six first-team appearances for West Ham this season.
- 1 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 2 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 3 Below-par QPR found a way to win at Coventry says Warburton
- 4 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 5 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 6 Sudbury: Plan for 52 one-bed flats falls through after appeal
- 7 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 8 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 9 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
- 10 Adomah's late goal wins it for QPR at Coventry