QPR weigh up move for West Ham striker
BENNI McCarthy played for QPR’s reserves in a behind-closed-doors friendly at Tottenham on Tuesday afternoon.
The South African foward, 33, is out of favour at West Ham and is being considered for a loan move to Loftus Road.
McCarthy enjoyed a successful three-and-a-half years at Blackburn, but has been criticised for being unfit and overweight since moving to east London just under a year ago.
He previously established himself as a formidable striker for Ajax, Celta Vigo and Porto.
More recently, the striker’s career has nosedived, and last year he was left out of his national team’s World Cup squad.
You may also want to watch:
McCarthy, South Africa’s all-time top scorer, has made only six first-team appearances for West Ham this season.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 4 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Dykes hurt as QPR topple Hatters to end season on winning note
- 8 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 9 QPR boss Warburton not worried about Dykes' injury
- 10 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road