QPR v Chelsea: Best Bets
All the odds as the two west London rivals square up
Technically, Chelsea have been handed a post-Champions League away fixture, though the short journey via Hammersmith Broadway and on towards Shepherds Bush is hardly taxing, even for the visitors’ pampered collection of multi-millionaires.
It’s more than 15 years since the Blues previously visited Loftus Road for a league match, and their impressive squad arrive priced as Boylesports’ 1/2 favourites to secure maximum points.
Given the way in which they swept past Everton last weekend as Rangers struggled against relegation-threatened Blackburn, these odds will surprise few observers. Nevertheless, William Hill chalk a massive 13/2 about Neil Warnock’s men causing a shock and winning, although bookies report plenty of interest in the draw, an outcome Coral rate as a 10/3 chance.
It’s certainly true that teams who have been involved in midweek Champions League action can be slow off the mark when their attention turns to weekend domestic matters and punters who subscribe to this theory may fancy the 2/1 posted by Victor Chandler for the opening period to finish goalless; bet365 mark 17/2 against the first half ending with the score at 1-1.
You may also want to watch:
Indeed, Sportingbet’s 2/1 for the first half producing more goals than the second is certainly worth a look – Betfred offer even money about the second period being the highest-scoring half.
Elsewhere, 888sport consider Rangers a 10/3 shot to open the scoring while, in Stan James’s handicap market, the home side are priced at 7/4 to win when kicking off with the benefit of a one-goal start.
- 1 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 2 Human remains found in Neasden believed to be missing Agnes Akom
- 3 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 4 'Piercing scream' heard night two sisters killed in Kingsbury park
- 5 Boyfriend of murder victim 'fell to knees' at discovering body in Kingsbury
- 6 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 7 Data shows Delta is fast-becoming Brent's dominant Covid-strain
- 8 Euro 2020: Dykes loses opener as Niko Hamalainen seals win with Finland
- 9 Man to appear at Old Bailey charged with murder of missing Agnes Akom
- 10 Teenager killed sisters in 'sacrifice' deal with the devil, court hears
One goal could suffice on Sunday afternoon and punters who suspect that Rangers are capable of ruffling their guests’ expensive feathers can get an enormous 16/1 (Stan James) against them enjoying a 1-0 win. Less precise folk may prefer Paddy Power’s 16/1 for Rangers to emerge victorious following a drawn opening half.
Follow Ian Cooper on Twitter @QPRTimes