QPR Under-21 star inspired by senior team-mates
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
QPR youngster Dylan Carreiro paid tribute to the senior players selected for the Under-21 friendly against Southend United on Tuesday.
The 18-year-old featured alongside the likes of Bobby Zamora, Shaun Wright-Phillips and Samba Diakite in the 3-3 draw on Tuesday afternoon.
And Carreiro feels that Marc Bircham’s young players can learn a lot from playing with the more experienced members of the squad.
“It’s so great to have the likes of Samba alongside you in there, as well as all the other senior players,” he said. “It shows us what the next level is and they are all good guys that want to help us out.”
The Canadian scored Rangers’ final goal of the afternoon from distance after Bobby Zamora and Samba Diakite opened the scoring for the hosts.
You may also want to watch:
“It was good for me to get on the score-sheet. I’ve been injured for a few months, my last game was against Crystal Palace in November. So it was great for me to get one after being out,” he added.
- 1 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 6 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 7 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer