QPR turn attention away from Tottenham midfielder
Spurs boss Harry Redknapp does not expect Rangers approach for Livermore
Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has played down suggestions that QPR are planning to make a bid for central midfielder Jake Livermore.
Rangers were linked with the 22-year-old as Neil Warnock looks to strengthen his squad by bringing in loan signings from the top six or seven Premier League clubs.
But Redknapp is keen to keep Livermore at White Hart Lane after fellow midfielders Scott Parker and Sandro both suffered injuries over the New Year period.
“I don’t think they’d be in for the kids here, no. I’d be surprised if QPR were going to take kids from here,” said Redknapp.
“I wouldn’t think he’d be looking to take kids with no experience. I haven’t spoken to Neil about anyone but if he’s looking for anyone to strengthen his team up I don’t think he’d be looking to take gambles on kids.”
Follow me on Twitter @QPRTimes
- 1 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 2 Man in stable condition following collision with a van in Neasden
- 3 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 4 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 5 'Security alert' at Willesden Junction causing severe delays on TfL network
- 6 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 7 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 8 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 9 ULEZ anomaly at Wembley Ikea meaning no £12.50-a-day emission fee
- 10 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street