QPR to weigh up offers for Cesar
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
QPR are set to listen to offers for Brazilian goalkeeper Julio Cesar this week.
Cesar is understood to favour a season-long loan move to Serie A side Napoli, who finished second in the league last season under the guidance of Rafa Benitez.
Arsenal are also interested in the 33-year-old, who joined QPR last summer, and is eager to cement his place in the Brazil side after impressing for his country at the Confederations Cup.
Rangers chief executive Philip Beard confirmed that a deal is possible in the coming days.
“We might see something happen,” said Beard. “There is nothing firm. He’s Brazil’s number one goalkeeper, so I am sure he will interest a lot of clubs as the season starts to get closer.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ll look at what deals are on offer and if they’re right for us and the player.”
- 1 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 2 Free vaccine walk-in at Central Middlesex Hospital
- 3 Teenager convicted of murdering Jamalie Deacon Matthew in Northwick Park
- 4 The Wembley flats with camper vans on the roof and furniture wearing boots
- 5 Sisters killed in Kingsbury stabbed with 'extreme force'
- 6 Appeal for information after man shot in Stonebridge
- 7 Fire-ravaged Neasden church hall set to be rebuilt
- 8 Kensal Rise group 'biggest team' taking on Blenheim Palace Triathlon 2021
- 9 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 10 Mass vaccination event taking place at Bridge Park Community Centre