QPR to weigh up offers for Cesar
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
QPR are set to listen to offers for Brazilian goalkeeper Julio Cesar this week.
Cesar is understood to favour a season-long loan move to Serie A side Napoli, who finished second in the league last season under the guidance of Rafa Benitez.
Arsenal are also interested in the 33-year-old, who joined QPR last summer, and is eager to cement his place in the Brazil side after impressing for his country at the Confederations Cup.
Rangers chief executive Philip Beard confirmed that a deal is possible in the coming days.
“We might see something happen,” said Beard. “There is nothing firm. He’s Brazil’s number one goalkeeper, so I am sure he will interest a lot of clubs as the season starts to get closer.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ll look at what deals are on offer and if they’re right for us and the player.”
- 1 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 2 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 3 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 4 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 5 Kensal Rise Triathlon team raises £130,800 for local charities
- 6 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 7 Neasden neighbours' petition against parking and fines plan
- 8 QPR boss Warburton 'frustrated' with defeat away to Bournemouth
- 9 Police looking for man in Wembley after 'threats to kill'
- 10 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley