QPR crash out of the Carabao Cup to Blackpool
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Queens Park Rangers are out of the Carabao Cup after a 2-0 defeat at Sky Bet League One side Blackpool.
QPR boss Steve McClaren made nine changes for the trip to Bloomfield Road, with Pawel Wszolek, Bright Osayi-Samuel, Josh Scowen and Matt Smith among those coming in.
Osayi-Samuel was one of two players for the west Londoners coming up against their former club in Blackpool, along with captain for the night Alex Baptiste.
The Rs fell behind in the 28th minute when striker Armand Gnanduillet found the net for the Tangerines.
The Loftus Road outfit received a further blow in the 70th minute when Jordan Cousins was dismissed after collecting a second yellow card.
You may also want to watch:
Blackpool then secured the victory in the final minute of the match when Jay Spearing scored from 18 yards.
McClaren will hope his side can do much better when they visit Swansea City in the Sky Bet Championship on Saturday.
- 1 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 2 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 3 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 4 Brent Council reignites campaign to tackle paan spitting
- 5 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 6 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 7 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 8 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 9 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
Blackpool: Howard, Heneghan, Spearing, Dodoo, Nottingham, Thompson, McLaughlin (O’Sullivan 85), Gnanduillet (Delfouneso 83), Guy (Turton 77).
Subs: O’Connor, Cullen, Feeney, Mafoumbi.
QPR: Ingram, Hall, Cousins, Scowen (Goss 25), Baptiste, Smith, Chair (Smyth 45), Osayi-Samuel (Oteh 77), Kakay, Hamalainen.
Subs: Owens, Dalling, Brzozowski, Omar.
Referee: Tim Robinson.