QPR star reveals message to injured team-mate
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Jermaine Jenas says team-mate Alejandro Faurlin’s season-ending knee injury is ‘a bitter pill’ for both the player and QPR.
Faurlin faces up to nine months on the sidelines after suffering anterior cruciate ligament damage in Rangers’ 2-1 win over Derby County on Saturday.
It is the second such injury the 27-year-old midfielder has suffered in the last two years – and Jenas revealed he sent Faurlin a message of support after the game.
“We’re devastated for Ali. He’s just come back to his best from his previous injury,” said Jenas, who himself suffered injury problems earlier in his career. “I remember the day I ruptured my Achilles at Villa Park. I knew straight away it was going to be a long one.
“It’s a huge blow for the club. He knows he can come back from it, but it’s a bitter pill to swallow. He was playing really well and we were starting to form a good partnership, so when that goes and happens it’s devastating.
“It’s a long road. I’ve been there before and you feel like the tunnel will never end. Luckily he’s still young enough to come back from it again.
“There was a mixed atmosphere in the dressing room. We had just won a big game, so a lot of the lads were very excited, but we also sympathised with Ali. I messaged him the night after and explained to him that he had done it before and that all the boys were there for him.
- 1 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 2 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 3 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 4 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 5 Kensal Rise backstreets 'clogged with unused buses' group says
- 6 Covid patient numbers in Brent hospitals remains steady
- 7 Brent Mosque vaccinates 10,000th person
- 8 Roadworks and rail disruptions in north London over the next week
- 9 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 10 Shocking reality of Brent housing crisis shown in new data
“When I spoke to Ali after the game he was fully aware of what the situation was. Hopefully once he has the op he can start moving forward. He’ll know exactly how to get back to where he needs to be.”