QPR star Hill reveals transfer disappointment
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Clint Hill has revealed his disappointment at QPR’s failure to sign Scott Parker from Spurs.
Midfielder Parker joined Rangers’ west London rivals Fulham on a three-year deal on Monday, turning down the chance to link up with his former manager Harry Redknapp.
The 32-year-old said he was delighted to join an “established Premier League club”, and Rs defender Hill admitted he was not surprised Parker had opted for Craven Cottage.
“I think the big draw was the Premier League,” said Hill. “I don’t know whether he has ambitions of playing in the World Cup, I would think so, it may be his last shot at it.
“We’ve shown our ambitions in trying to get him in and probably made him a good offer, but unfortunately the position we are in is Championship football.”
You may also want to watch:
Hill believes Redknapp’s pursuit of Parker is further proof that the QPR manager is determined to sign strong characters who will fight for their team-mates.
“We have learned the hard way, the whole club’s restructuring has brought in a different mentality,” added Hill.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 7 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 10 Kilburn residents forced to flee homes after flash floods
“I think Scott would have been a great addition. He’s a great player and he’s a very strong character as well. It’s good that we are looking at that kind of player.”