QPR star handed ‘new start’ by manager Hughes
Wright-Phillips’ impressive pre-season form delights Rangers boss
Shaun Wright-Phillips has been handed a ‘new start’ to his QPR career by manager Mark Hughes.
Wright-Phillips scored his second goal of an impressive pre-season campaign in Rangers’ 3-0 win over Wycombe Wanderers at Adams Park on Tuesday night.
The former Chelsea and Manchester City winger endured a wretched first season in a Hoops shirt, after he was signed by former Rs boss Neil Warnock last summer.
Wright-Phillips failed to score in 34 appearances throughout the campaign, but Hughes has been impressed with the 30-year-old’s response in the build-up to the 2012-13 season.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve been really pleased with Shaun right through pre-season. He’s been excellent,” said Hughes. He lacked a bit of confidence towards the end of the season and it was difficult for him.
“He was desperate to get on the scoresheet and has scored a couple of goals in pre-season now. He looked sharp again and we’re really please by what he’s producing.
- 1 Daughter buys winning Set For Life lottery ticket for mum's birthday
- 2 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 3 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 4 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 5 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 6 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 7 Father's Day 2021: Authors from Kingsbury and Kilburn share experiences of being a dad
- 8 Wembley Sailing Club offering families a free lesson in Welsh Harp
- 9 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
- 10 Teenager killed sisters in 'sacrifice' deal with the devil, court hears
“I’m pleased for him because it’s like a new start for him in my view. It was a stop-start for him last year but now he can really kick on.”
Follow me on Twitter @QPRTimes.