QPR star handed ‘new start’ by manager Hughes
Wright-Phillips’ impressive pre-season form delights Rangers boss
Shaun Wright-Phillips has been handed a ‘new start’ to his QPR career by manager Mark Hughes.
Wright-Phillips scored his second goal of an impressive pre-season campaign in Rangers’ 3-0 win over Wycombe Wanderers at Adams Park on Tuesday night.
The former Chelsea and Manchester City winger endured a wretched first season in a Hoops shirt, after he was signed by former Rs boss Neil Warnock last summer.
Wright-Phillips failed to score in 34 appearances throughout the campaign, but Hughes has been impressed with the 30-year-old’s response in the build-up to the 2012-13 season.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve been really pleased with Shaun right through pre-season. He’s been excellent,” said Hughes. He lacked a bit of confidence towards the end of the season and it was difficult for him.
“He was desperate to get on the scoresheet and has scored a couple of goals in pre-season now. He looked sharp again and we’re really please by what he’s producing.
- 1 Wembley bar issued final warning for late nights and Covid 'breach'
- 2 Thirteen arrested following trafficking raids in Kingsbury and Romania
- 3 Neighbours call on council to halt Neasden underpass housing plans
- 4 Kingsbury bar loses alcohol licence for hosting parties during pandemic
- 5 Petrol crisis: Brawls, long queues and empty stations across Brent
- 6 Brondesbury park woman denies killing Wembley pensioner
- 7 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 8 Lib Dem resigns from Brent's budget scrutiny taskforce
- 9 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 10 Special needs school's bus cut due to petrol crisis
“I’m pleased for him because it’s like a new start for him in my view. It was a stop-start for him last year but now he can really kick on.”
Follow me on Twitter @QPRTimes.