QPR star hails ‘deadly’ strike partnership
Ferdinand expects Johnson and Zamora to prosper for the Rs this season
Strikers Bobby Zamora and Andy Johnson will make a lethal partnership for QPR this season, believes team-mate Anton Ferdinand.
Johnson and Zamora spent three years playing together for Fulham, latterly under Mark Hughes, and will team up again for Rangers this season.
Ferdinand is confident that the pair will deliver again, and the centre-back believes Rangers are spoilt for choice in their forward positions.
“They’re deadly – a good pair,” said Ferdinand. “But we’ve got [other] strikers. There’s competition up there. We’ve got Djibril, Adel Taarabt, Jamie Mackie – we’ve got a lot of options. “To have a goal-scorer like Andy and the likes of Djibril and Bobby means the future’s looking bright for the club.”
You may also want to watch:
Follow me on Twitter @QPRTimes.
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 5 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 6 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 7 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent pub...REVEALED
- 8 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley