QPR star hails ‘deadly’ strike partnership
Ferdinand expects Johnson and Zamora to prosper for the Rs this season
Strikers Bobby Zamora and Andy Johnson will make a lethal partnership for QPR this season, believes team-mate Anton Ferdinand.
Johnson and Zamora spent three years playing together for Fulham, latterly under Mark Hughes, and will team up again for Rangers this season.
Ferdinand is confident that the pair will deliver again, and the centre-back believes Rangers are spoilt for choice in their forward positions.
“They’re deadly – a good pair,” said Ferdinand. “But we’ve got [other] strikers. There’s competition up there. We’ve got Djibril, Adel Taarabt, Jamie Mackie – we’ve got a lot of options. “To have a goal-scorer like Andy and the likes of Djibril and Bobby means the future’s looking bright for the club.”
You may also want to watch:
Follow me on Twitter @QPRTimes.
- 1 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 2 Human remains found in Neasden believed to be missing Agnes Akom
- 3 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 4 'Piercing scream' heard night two sisters killed in Kingsbury park
- 5 Boyfriend of murder victim 'fell to knees' at discovering body in Kingsbury
- 6 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 7 Data shows Delta is fast-becoming Brent's dominant Covid-strain
- 8 Euro 2020: Dykes loses opener as Niko Hamalainen seals win with Finland
- 9 Man to appear at Old Bailey charged with murder of missing Agnes Akom
- 10 Teenager killed sisters in 'sacrifice' deal with the devil, court hears