QPR star backs returning team-mate to sink Bolton
Cisse desperate to get back in the side, reveals Onuoha
Djibril Cisse is ‘itching’ to get back into the QPR side and fire his side to victory against Bolton Wanderers on Saturday, Nedum Onouha has revealed.
Cisse managed just one full appearance for the Rs before being sent off against Wolves last month, earning the former Liverpool and Sunderland striker a three-match suspension.
However, the France international, who was signed from Lazio in January, is available for this weekend’s trip to the Reebok Stadium which could prove crucial in the Rs’ bid to stay in the Premier League – and Onuoha says he is raring to go.
“He’s itching to go and this week leading up to the game I think he’ll be doing everything he can to try to get back into the side,” said Onuoha.
You may also want to watch:
“Maybe Bolton at the weekend will be a bit more wary of a player who has something to prove because he has been away for so long.
“He is a top player, and he’s been training hard. It’s a boost for us, and it probably puts the other strikers that we have under pressure because they know his attributes and his quality.”
- 1 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 2 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 3 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 4 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 5 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
- 7 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 8 QPR boss 'disappointed' as two late goals cost his side at West Brom
- 9 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 10 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
Cisse’s return coincides with QPR’s biggest game of the season so far, with just two points separating Rangers in 16th from Bolton in 19th.
“It’s a points business now, it doesn’t matter where you get them,” added Onuoha. “It might be quite tense at the weekend, but I think we have enough quality in the side to get the three points.
“We’ll have to be at our best because they’re looking for the points just like we are.”
Follow me on Twitter ‘QPRTimes