QPR players head back to pre-season training
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Rs squad meet up at Harlington ahead of new Championship season
Queens Park Rangers players returned to pre-season training on Monday ahead of the new Championship campaign.
The Rs squad headed back to Harlington, where many met new manager Steve McClaren and his coaching staff for the first time.
The players reassembled for their first day of pre-season training, ahead of travelling to Portugal later this week for a training camp.
One notable absentee, however, was Massimo Luongo, with the midfielder still on international duty with Australia at the World Cup.
McClaren will be using the new few weeks of pre-season to run his eyes over the QPR squad and assess where ne needs to make additions ahead of the new term.
The new manager has spoken of his desire to get his squad assembled as quickly as possible, so his charges will hope to make a good first impression.
- 1 Man in stable condition following collision with a van in Neasden
- 2 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 3 'Security alert' at Willesden Junction causing severe delays on TfL network
- 4 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 5 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 6 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 7 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 8 Possible traffic disruptions in north London this week
- 9 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 10 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
The Loftus Road side begin their pre-season campaign later this month with a trip to Bostik South Central outfit Hayes & Yeading United on July 7.