QPR sign young Danish striker Marco Ramkilde
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Queens Park Rangers have signed 21-year-old Danish striker Marco Ramkilde on a free transfer.
Ramkilde, who has represented his country at U16, U17, U18 and U19 level, will work with the club’s U23s squad and joins on an 18-month contract.
Speaking to qpr.co.uk, he said: “On the first day of my trial at QPR, it felt like the perfect match.
“I know this is a club with a lot of history and it is a great opportunity for me.
“I am looking forward to showing what I can do. I want to develop.
You may also want to watch:
“I know that I am not quite ready yet, but with the help of the staff here hopefully I can progress and help the club if I get my chance.”
Ramkilde started his career in his native Denmark with Aalborg Boldspilklub (AaB) and has been on trial with Paul Hall’s U23s squad for the last few weeks.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 4 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 8 Dykes hurt as QPR topple Hatters to end season on winning note
- 9 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
- 10 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden
In 2016, he made his senior debut for AaB just three weeks after his 18th birthday and has recently recovered from a serious ankle injury.