QPR sign young Danish striker Marco Ramkilde
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Queens Park Rangers have signed 21-year-old Danish striker Marco Ramkilde on a free transfer.
Ramkilde, who has represented his country at U16, U17, U18 and U19 level, will work with the club’s U23s squad and joins on an 18-month contract.
Speaking to qpr.co.uk, he said: “On the first day of my trial at QPR, it felt like the perfect match.
“I know this is a club with a lot of history and it is a great opportunity for me.
“I am looking forward to showing what I can do. I want to develop.
You may also want to watch:
“I know that I am not quite ready yet, but with the help of the staff here hopefully I can progress and help the club if I get my chance.”
Ramkilde started his career in his native Denmark with Aalborg Boldspilklub (AaB) and has been on trial with Paul Hall’s U23s squad for the last few weeks.
- 1 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 2 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 3 QPR boss Warburton says they will be prepared for a strong Rotherham side
- 4 Hope for the Welsh Harp
- 5 Pubs in Kensal reopen after Covid lockdown
- 6 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 7 Kilburn welcomes back eager gym-goers
- 8 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
- 9 Brent Council worker Vithun Illankovan on his time in The Circle
- 10 Homeless in Brent, Covid and Ramadan support
In 2016, he made his senior debut for AaB just three weeks after his 18th birthday and has recently recovered from a serious ankle injury.