QPR set to send striker on loan again
QPR are planning to recall teenage forward Antonio German from Yeovil and loan him elsewhere ahead of Thursday’s transfer deadline.
German has been unable to break into the starting line-up at Yeovil, making just four substitute appearances in the six weeks since he moved to the League One side on loan.
Rangers are desperate for the 19-year-old to gain more first-team experience and assistant manager Mick Jones told the Times: “There have been a few phone calls, mainly about squad players, so there might be some movement.
“A couple of people have asked about Antonio and we’re going to try and get him another club before the end of the season because he’s not been playing at Yeovil.
“That isn’t their fault – they’ve been on a good run and it’s hard for them to get him into the team, but it doesn’t suit Antonio.”
Midfielder Martin Rowlands could also go out on loan again before the deadline, having returned earlier this week from his spell at Millwall, during which he played just 12 minutes of first-team football.
Jones added: “Martin’s been in a similar situation because Millwall have been winning games. He’s a top professional who’s been very unlucky with injuries and he’s worked very hard to get back in condition.
- 1 Plan for creating 25,500 homes around 'HS2 Superhub' passed
- 2 Former bingo hall in Burnt Oak to become co-working and co-living space
- 3 Wembley school opens new special educational needs facility
- 4 Series of failures sees Met Police placed under special measures
- 5 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 6 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 7 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 8 How to lose weight by eating fat and being full
- 9 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
- 10 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
“He’s looking at clubs himself, but he’s selective – he knows he’s a Championship player, minimum, and we believe the same.”
Right-sided midfielder Josh Parker and left-back Gary Borrowdale, who has recently returned from a spell with Carlisle, could also be in line for loan moves this week.