QPR set to loan Leigertwood
CHAMPIONSHIP strugglers Preston are interested in signing Mikele Leigertwood on loan from QPR.
North End manager Darren Ferguson is today hoping to get the green light from the Lancashire club’s board to make loan signings.
Even if that happens, any deal for Leigertwood would depend on Rangers agreeing to pay the bulk of the player’s wages.
Rangers previously seemed willing to do so, although two of their defenders – Bradley Orr and Matt Connolly – have since picked up suspensions after being sent off in recent matches.
Leigertwood, who turns 28 on Friday, was QPR’s first signing after the Flavio Briatore-led takeover when he moved from Sheffield United – then managed by Rs boss Neil Warnock - for �925,000 in August 2007.
You may also want to watch:
He has made 10 appearances this season, mostly as a substitute.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 QPR boss Warburton not worried about Dykes' injury
- 8 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 9 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
- 10 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named