QPR set to loan Leigertwood
CHAMPIONSHIP strugglers Preston are interested in signing Mikele Leigertwood on loan from QPR.
North End manager Darren Ferguson is today hoping to get the green light from the Lancashire club’s board to make loan signings.
Even if that happens, any deal for Leigertwood would depend on Rangers agreeing to pay the bulk of the player’s wages.
Rangers previously seemed willing to do so, although two of their defenders – Bradley Orr and Matt Connolly – have since picked up suspensions after being sent off in recent matches.
Leigertwood, who turns 28 on Friday, was QPR’s first signing after the Flavio Briatore-led takeover when he moved from Sheffield United – then managed by Rs boss Neil Warnock - for �925,000 in August 2007.
You may also want to watch:
He has made 10 appearances this season, mostly as a substitute.
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 4 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 7 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 8 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 9 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 10 'Cowardly' government accused by Brent MP of siding with 'bad bosses'