QPR set to loan Leigertwood
CHAMPIONSHIP strugglers Preston are interested in signing Mikele Leigertwood on loan from QPR.
North End manager Darren Ferguson is today hoping to get the green light from the Lancashire club’s board to make loan signings.
Even if that happens, any deal for Leigertwood would depend on Rangers agreeing to pay the bulk of the player’s wages.
Rangers previously seemed willing to do so, although two of their defenders – Bradley Orr and Matt Connolly – have since picked up suspensions after being sent off in recent matches.
Leigertwood, who turns 28 on Friday, was QPR’s first signing after the Flavio Briatore-led takeover when he moved from Sheffield United – then managed by Rs boss Neil Warnock - for �925,000 in August 2007.
You may also want to watch:
He has made 10 appearances this season, mostly as a substitute.
- 1 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 2 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 3 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 4 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 7 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 8 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 9 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 10 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo