QPR sack coach and physios
By Ben Kosky QPR have sacked reserve team boss Keith Ryan, along with physios Paul Hunter and Shane Annun in a shake-up of the backroom staff. Ryan s position was effectively made untenable when Rangers manager Neil Warnock decided to withdraw from the Fo
By Ben Kosky
QPR have sacked reserve team boss Keith Ryan, along with physios Paul Hunter and Shane Annun in a shake-up of the backroom staff.
Ryan's position was effectively made untenable when Rangers manager Neil Warnock decided to withdraw from the Football Combination from next season.
But it is understood that Warnock wants to bring in his own personnel to replace Hunter and Annun before the squad report back for pre-season training in July.
You may also want to watch:
Ryan, a former Wycombe player and assistant manager, had been the longest-serving member of an ever-changing coaching set-up at Loftus Road.
He was appointed three years ago by John Gregory to assist Steve Brown in running Rangers' Centre of Excellence and took over when Brown was dismissed before switching to run the reserves this season.
- 1 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 2 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 3 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 4 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 7 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 8 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 9 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 10 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
Hunter, who had previously been assistant physio at West Ham, was also brought in by Gregory in 2007 after Prav Mathema left the club to work for Wasps RFC.
Annun was promoted to work as Hunter's assistant after starting out as the Rs' youth team physio.