QPR’s Taarabt excluded from pre-season tour
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Harry Redknapp has excluded Adel Taarabt from QPR’s pre-season tour of Austria after encouraging clubs to ‘make an offer’ for the Moroccan.
Taarabt was sent home from QPR’s pre-season camp in Devon last week after turning up late for a training session, and was not on the plane as the Rs departed on Tuesday.
The 24-year-old now appears set for the exit, and is keen to move to Ligue 1 side Marseille.
Redknapp insisted Taarabt would not go out on loan, but appeared to invite offers. He said: “There’s talk about him going to Hull on loan. What’s the good in that? If he wants to go, let somebody come and pay the money for him.
“If nobody wants to buy him, he stays here and he gets fit. He has to show he’s a good player and help to get QPR back in the Premier League.
You may also want to watch:
“If he really wants to go that bad and someone wants him — pick up the phone, make an offer and we’ll do some business. No problem.”
Taarabt starred as QPR won promotion to the Premier League in 2011, but struggled to make an impression ever since.
- 1 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 2 Police appeal to find missing 12-year-old boy
- 3 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 4 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 5 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 6 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 7 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
Anton Ferdinand, Luke Young and Jose Bosingwa were also left out of the squad, instead turning out in a friendly with Stevenage.
Hogan Ephraim, Samba Diakite and Joey Barton were also absent.