QPR’s Taarabt excluded from pre-season tour
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Harry Redknapp has excluded Adel Taarabt from QPR’s pre-season tour of Austria after encouraging clubs to ‘make an offer’ for the Moroccan.
Taarabt was sent home from QPR’s pre-season camp in Devon last week after turning up late for a training session, and was not on the plane as the Rs departed on Tuesday.
The 24-year-old now appears set for the exit, and is keen to move to Ligue 1 side Marseille.
Redknapp insisted Taarabt would not go out on loan, but appeared to invite offers. He said: “There’s talk about him going to Hull on loan. What’s the good in that? If he wants to go, let somebody come and pay the money for him.
“If nobody wants to buy him, he stays here and he gets fit. He has to show he’s a good player and help to get QPR back in the Premier League.
You may also want to watch:
“If he really wants to go that bad and someone wants him — pick up the phone, make an offer and we’ll do some business. No problem.”
Taarabt starred as QPR won promotion to the Premier League in 2011, but struggled to make an impression ever since.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 5 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 6 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 7 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 8 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 9 Dawn Butler calls for MP security 'overhaul' after death of David Amess
- 10 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
Anton Ferdinand, Luke Young and Jose Bosingwa were also left out of the squad, instead turning out in a friendly with Stevenage.
Hogan Ephraim, Samba Diakite and Joey Barton were also absent.