QPR’s Hoilett set to return for Leeds clash, while injured Phillips sees specialist
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
QPR winger Junior Hoilett has recovered from his hamstring injury and should feature against Leeds United on Saturday.
Hoilett limped out of Rangers’ 1-0 Championship win over Ipswich two weeks ago, missing the league win over Bolton and the Capital One Cup defeat to Swindon Town.
However, the winger trained with the first team on Friday morning, and the 23-year-old is expected to travel with the squad to Elland Road.
Meanwhile, new signing Matt Phillips will see a specialist today as he continues his recovery from a broken arm.
Phillips, who joined QPR on a four-year deal from Blackpool, suffered the injury in the first week of the Tangerines’ pre-season campaign.
You may also want to watch:
He could be in line to make his debut against Birmingham at Loftus Road on September 14.
Redknapp said: “He’s a couple of weeks away, he’s going to see a specialist in Manchester today, and hopefully he will get the all clear.
- 1 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 2 Boyfriend of murder victim 'fell to knees' at discovering body in Kingsbury
- 3 Football fan in serious condition after falling from Wembley stand
- 4 Data shows Delta is fast-becoming Brent's dominant Covid-strain
- 5 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 6 Brent Chinese gets green light for alcohol delivery despite concerns
- 7 Euro 2020: Dykes loses opener as Niko Hamalainen seals win with Finland
- 8 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 9 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 10 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
“He’s been training, he just can’t have any contact. He can work with the fitness coaches, and do shooting and running. He joins in the game as well, he just has to be careful.”