QPR’s Cisse hailed as one of league’s best finishers
Frenchman is key to club’s future, insists team-mate Mackie
Djibril Cisse is among the most accomplished goal-scorers in the Premier League, according to team-mate Jamie Mackie.
QPR’s January signing from Lazio played a key role in the club’s Premier League survival, scoring six goals in eight games, including crucial strikes in the home victories against Liverpool and Stoke City.
The Frenchman has shown a lethal eye for goal, epitomised in his well-taken equaliser against Manchester City on the final day of the season, and Mackie believes there are few better strikers in front of goal in the top flight.
“As a goal-scorer he gets a chance and scores it, so he’s got to be well up there,” said Mackie. “I’m delighted we have him as a weapon.
“Maybe not to start every game, but he’s there and ready to score goals. As soon as he went through [against City] I didn’t have to look at the finish, I knew it would be a goal.”
And Mackie believes Rangers are now well-equipped to attract players of a similar calibre this summer.
- 1 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 2 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 3 Brent headteacher fears pupils could bring in knives without uniform policy
- 4 Brent tower block plans may fall foul of planning law
- 5 New college planned to bring post-school education in Wembley
- 6 'Lucky escape': Four flee Wembley house fire where smoke alarms weren't working
- 7 Have your say on proposed changes to constituencies in Brent
- 8 Brent cycling group calls to improve rather than remove LTNs
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 10 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
“We can add more players who can do that as well so that’s why I feel we’re a really big club now,” he continued. “We’re gathering a big squad of different types of players; different players for different occasions.
“That’s what it’s all about if you want to be a successful squad.”
Follow me on Twitter @QPRTimes