QPR’s Cisse hailed as one of league’s best finishers
Frenchman is key to club’s future, insists team-mate Mackie
Djibril Cisse is among the most accomplished goal-scorers in the Premier League, according to team-mate Jamie Mackie.
QPR’s January signing from Lazio played a key role in the club’s Premier League survival, scoring six goals in eight games, including crucial strikes in the home victories against Liverpool and Stoke City.
The Frenchman has shown a lethal eye for goal, epitomised in his well-taken equaliser against Manchester City on the final day of the season, and Mackie believes there are few better strikers in front of goal in the top flight.
“As a goal-scorer he gets a chance and scores it, so he’s got to be well up there,” said Mackie. “I’m delighted we have him as a weapon.
You may also want to watch:
“Maybe not to start every game, but he’s there and ready to score goals. As soon as he went through [against City] I didn’t have to look at the finish, I knew it would be a goal.”
And Mackie believes Rangers are now well-equipped to attract players of a similar calibre this summer.
- 1 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 2 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 3 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 4 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 5 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 6 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 7 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 8 Man charged with Colindale murder
- 9 Daughter buys winning Set For Life lottery ticket for mum's birthday
- 10 Four men connected to Craig Small's death in Wembley to appear for trial next year
“We can add more players who can do that as well so that’s why I feel we’re a really big club now,” he continued. “We’re gathering a big squad of different types of players; different players for different occasions.
“That’s what it’s all about if you want to be a successful squad.”
Follow me on Twitter @QPRTimes