QPR recall Manning from Rotheram loan
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Rs midfielder had been due to spend entire season with Millers
Queens Park Rangers have recalled midfielder Ryan Manning from his loan spell at Sky Bet Championship rivals Rotherham United.
The 22-year-old was due to remain on loan with the Millers until the end of the season, but the Rs have activated a clause in deal to bring him back with immediate affect.
The Loftus Road club have opted to recall Manning with Massimo Luongo at the AFC Asia Cup with Australia and Geoff Cameron sidelined by an ankle injury.
QPR boss Steve McClaren told the club website: “At the start of the season, Ryan wanted to play and we couldn’t guarantee him games.
You may also want to watch:
“Once we brought Geoff in, it enabled us to release Ryan so he could go out and play in the Championship.
“With Mass away with Australia and Geoff now out, it’s good timing for Ryan to return.
- 1 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 2 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 3 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 6 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 7 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 10 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
“From speaking with him, he was keen to come back and fight for his place.
“He knows it’s not guaranteed, he knows the team are doing well but loan spells like the one he has had are a good opportunity for young players.”