McClaren knows QPR must improve ahead of Reading trip
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Rs head for Royals looking to avoid a fourth straight loss in all competitions
Steve McClaren says the focus in on Queens Park Rangers playing to their potential ahead of visiting Reading in the Sky Bet Championship on Tuesday.
The Rs make the trip to the Madejski Stadium having lost each of their last three games in all competitions.
The west Londoners’ recent poor form has followed a bright spell for QPR, having four out of five matches in all competitions.
Manager McClaren will want the Loftus Road club to snap their run of defeats by getting the better of the Royals on Tuesday.
You may also want to watch:
And he knows his QPR team will have to deliver an improved display if they are to get out of their slump.
“We just need to focus on our performance and make sure we deliver that. If we deliver that we have a very good chance of getting a result,” he told the club website.
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 4 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 5 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 6 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 7 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 8 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 9 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 10 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
QPR are expected to welcome back Josh Scowen and Toni Leistner for the trip to Reading after both missed Saturday’s 3-0 loss at Swansea City.
McClaren will hope the return of the duo is a huge boost for the Rs and the former England boss believes his team have it in them to get back to winning ways on Tuesday.
“You will have good weeks and you will have bad weeks in the Championship, but I know we have got a squad that is capable of having more good weeks than bad weeks,” he added.
“In the bad weeks and during the bad results we have to stick together – and that’s as a club; as fans, players and staff.”