QPR new boys set to miss Birmingham City clash
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
Harry Redknapp will be without two of his three transfer deadline day signings when QPR entertain Birmingham City on Saturday.
Left-back Benoit Assou-Ekotto is lacking match fitness having not featured for Tottenham this season before his move to QPR, while midfielder Niko Kranjcar is recovering from a slight injury and is also expected to miss next Wednesday’s home clash with Brighton.
The third of Redknapp’s loan signings, Tom Carroll, is expected to feature.
“We’re delighted with the players that we have brought in, the problem is that one or two of them are a little bit away from the fitness that we need,” said Redknapp.
“Benoit [Assou-Ekotto] has come in and he hasn’t played a single game at Tottenham. He’s a bit short still. Niko’s had a little bit of an injury so it’ll be another week or two with him.”
You may also want to watch:
The manager will also be without forward Andy Johnson, sidelined with a knee injury, while winger Matt Phillips should make the squad as he nears his recovery from a broken arm, but is unlikely to start.
Redknapp added: “Matt Phillips, who I think will be a great signing for us, is fit now but hasn’t played a game. So there’s a little group of them who I think will be really good players for this year but tomorrow may be a little bit short still.”
- 1 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 2 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 3 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 4 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 5 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 6 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 7 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 8 Letter on banning wearing of religious symbols
- 9 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 10 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield