QPR midfielder welcomes Championship loan move
Ephraim admits his future may lie away from Loftus Road as he heads to Crystal Palace
Hogan Ephraim will head to Championship outfit Crystal Palace on loan this week – but insists he has not given up hope of forcing his way into Neil Warnock’s 25-man squad.
The 23-year-old midfielder was a surprise omission from Warnock’s initial squad in August, and is likely to join the Selhurst Park club for 28 days, and possibly until January.
Ephraim, who signed for the club in 2008, admits he wants to remain at QPR, but is desperate for a return to regular football and does not expect to be offered a new contract once his current deal expires at the end of the season.
“I’d love to remain here long term but I’m realistic, I’ll be surprised if I’m still there after my current contract runs out,” Ephraim told London24.com.
“Even if I was to get back into the 25-man squad in January I might not get near the 11 or 18-man squad for the match-day, and that’s what it’s all about for me, I need to get back to playing regularly because it feels like a very long time.
“I’ve got several options and I’ve been thinking about all of them, both Nottingham Forest and Crystal Palace are big clubs and it’s flattering that they’re both interested, Palace are doing well so obviously it would be appealing.”
- 1 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 3 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 4 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 5 'London is lagging behind – protect yourself and others from Covid'
- 6 'Lucky escape': Four flee Wembley house fire where smoke alarms weren't working
- 7 Brent cycling group calls to improve rather than remove LTNs
- 8 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 9 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 10 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
Follow Ian Cooper on Twitter @QPRTimes