QPR midfielder to finally win place in 25-man squad
Ephraim has earned his shot with the first team, reveals Hughes
Hogan Ephraim will be given a place in QPR’s 25-man squad this season, Mark Hughes has confirmed.
The 24-year-old midfielder signed a one-year contract extension this week, keeping him at the club until 2014, after impressing Hughes during pre-season.
Ephraim has made 117 appearances for QPR since 2007, but his Rangers future appeared in doubt last season after he was omitted from both squads under Hughes and his predecessor Neil Warnock, instead spending time on loan at Charlton Athletic and Bristol City.
However, Ephraim’s recent form has convinced Hughes to include him in the squad, which the manager will submit on September 1.
“He’s done really well,” Hughes told London24.com. “At this stage it’s certainly my intention to include him in the squad.”
Ephraim said: “There’s been a lot of player movement – both in and out – so I’m happy that I’ve signed and I know where my future lies.
- 1 Victim speaks out after Hampstead machete robbery
- 2 'Predator' acted as masseur to assault women
- 3 Dramatic Dieng equaliser sums up 'crazy game' for QPR boss Beale
- 4 Brent tenant 'distressed' at housing waiting list change
- 5 Goalkeeper Dieng nets late equaliser to save QPR at Sunderland
- 6 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 7 New Kilburn mural to highlight borough's cultural heritage
- 8 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
- 9 Coldplay at Wembley Stadium: Setlist and photos
- 10 'Dangerous' uni student jailed for 38 years for 'random' knife attacks
“The manager has been very good to me ever since he arrived here. He backed me up with a new contract last year and now another one this season.”
Follow me on Twitter @QPRTimes.