QPR midfielder not for sale, insists assistant boss
Club will not listen to offers for Faurlin, says Jones
QPR will not sell midfielder Alejandro Faurlin for any price during the upcoming January transfer window, insists assistant manager Mick Jones.
Faurlin’s consistent displays during the first half of the season have caught the eye of a number of sides, including Serie A outfit Napoli, while the 25-year-old’s agent Lucas Cominelli recently revealed that at least one Premier League club have displayed an interest.
Faurlin’s form, allied to Rs boss Neil Warnock’s admission that he is keen to increase his midfield options when the transfer window opens next week, fuelled speculation that he could soon be on his way out of Loftus Road.
However, Jones believes Faurlin is a key part of QPR’s future, and insists the club will not entertain any bids for his signature.
You may also want to watch:
“Ali’s been magnificent for us so far and it wouldn’t surprise me to see offers coming in during January, but we wouldn’t sell,” Jones told London24.com.
“This is not a selling club any more – we’re more interested in who is coming in rather than who’s leaving.”
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 5 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 6 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 7 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 8 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 9 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
Jones also revealed that QPR are in the hunt for a new goalkeeper, but such a move is unlikely to transpire until after the end of the season.
Paddy Kenny’s recent hip injury kept him out for four games, and coincided with a knock to understudy Brian Murphy, leaving third-choice Radek Cerny to deputise between the posts.
Warnock announced his intentions by taking Peterborough United keeper Joe Lewis on trial earlier this month, and with 37-year-old Cerny’s contract set to expire at the end of the season, the club will step up their search for another shot-stopper.
“In the long-term we’ve got to look at that, no doubt about it,” Jones said. “Radek is not getting any younger, so it is something that we’re considering all the time.
“Look at the situation with Paddy, we’d never envisaged losing two goalkeepers at the same time.
“If the diagnosis for Paddy was worse we might have considered looking for a goalkeeper in January.
“That could still come in the summer, although top keepers are like gold-dust. Paddy is up there with the top six in the Premier League, so that means to get him fit and 100 per cent right is a big priority.”
Follow me on Twitter @QPRTimes