QPR boss McClaren named manager of the month
- Credit: Archant
Rs boss honoured for overseeing unbeaten month in league
Queens Park Rangers boss Steve McClaren has been named Sky Bet manager of the month for October.
The former England boss has been recognised for his efforts in leading the Rs to an unbeaten month in the league.
During October, QPR recorded wins over Reading, Ipswich Town, Sheffield Wednesday and Aston Villa, while their other game saw them draw at home to Frank Lampard’s Derby County as the Loftus Road took 13 points from a possible 15.
The month also saw McClaren’s men impress defensively as they conceded just once in those five matches.
You may also want to watch:
That run of form lifted the Rs from the lower reaches of the table to within touching distance of the top six.
McClaren said: “I have got to say the response of the players has been good, but the main factor we’ve had such a good October was the staff I have got around me.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 5 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 6 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 7 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 8 QPR suffer defeat to rivals Fulham
- 9 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 10 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
“It is all about people, it is all about players, it is all about staff and the staff have been absolutely magnificent.
“We could have crumbled after four games, but they stuck together, we all did.
“Matty Gardiner, John Eustace, Gavin Ward, the Sports Science team behind, the medics who are keeping the players fit and everybody at this training ground, everybody at the stadium, even the supporters are sticking together.”