QPR boss McClaren confirms Scowen missed Birmingham trip with injury
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Midfielder was a notable absentee for Rs in Midlands
Queens Park Rangers boss Steve McClaren revealed Josh Scowen missed the goalless draw at Birmingham City in the Sky Bet Championship with a knee injury.
The midfielder was a notable absentee from the matchday squad in the Midlands, having previously started every league game for the Rs this term.
Scowen, though, missed the trip to St Andrew’s and McClaren confirmed after the game that the 25-year-old was ruled out because of a knock he had suffered.
“It was a knee injury, and it was probably too early to put Geoff Cameron in there so Jordan Cousins came in and did a great job, as he did in the week in the Carabao Cup (QPR had beaten Bristol Rovers 3-1 on Tuesday),” said the 57-year-old.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve got two wins and a draw in a week; slowly but surely we need to recover from the first four games and a bad start and now we need to build on this over the next two weeks and start again with Bolton Wanderers away (on September 15).”
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 5 QPR were soft in heavy Fulham defeat says boss Warburton
- 6 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 7 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 8 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
- 9 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 10 Man admits killing Kilburn waiter to end his days 'banged up' court hears