QPR boss McClaren nominated for manager of month award
- Credit: Ray Lawrence/TGS Photo
Rs boss recognised for guiding team to unbeaten month
Queens Park Rangers boss Steve McClaren has been nominated for the Sky Bet Championship manager of the month award for October.
The former England boss has been recognised for his efforts in leading the Rs to an unbeaten month in the league.
During October, QPR recorded wins over Reading, Ipswich Town, Sheffield Wednesday and Aston Villa, while their other game saw them draw at home to Frank Lampard’s Derby County as the Loftus Road took 13 points from a possible 15.
The month also saw McClaren’s men impress defensively as they conceded just once in those five matches.
You may also want to watch:
That run of form lifted the Rs from the lower reaches of the table to within touching distance of the top six.
Also nominated for the October award were Lampard, Birmingham City boss Garry Monk and Millwall manager Neil Harris.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 3 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 4 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 5 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 6 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 7 'We're angry': London councillors demand Met tackles violence to women
- 8 FA Cup defeat ranks among one of the most 'gutting' for Wealdstone
- 9 Harlesden community garden wins two London in Bloom awards
- 10 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
Timm Klose of Norwich City, Birmingham’s Lukas Jutkiewicz, Nottingham Forest midfielder Joe Lolley and Sheffield United’s Billy Sharp are up for the player of the month award.