QPR manager’s joy tempered by a familiar problem
Warnock unhappy with Taarabt reaction
Neil Warnock admits he was ‘disappointed’ with Adel Taarabt’s angry reaction to being substituted in Sunday’s 1-0 win over Chelsea.
The Morocco international was visibly frustrated to being replaced by Tommy Smith on the hour-mark, disappearing straight down the players’ tunnel, and Warnock conceded he was unhappy with the midfielder.
“I was disappointed, I had a chat with him went I went on the pitch afterwards,” said the Rs boss. “It’s not about Adel, it’s about the team.
“Yes, he’s disappointed, but as I said to him beforehand it would have been easy for me to play Jamie Mackie today and leave him on the bench.
You may also want to watch:
“I decided to play Adel [Taarabt] because I thought he could so some damage as well rather than just have two lads working up and down.
“We wanted to be creative when we got the opportunity. It’s limited with Chelsea, so we decided to play him in there rather than just work the full-backs and get beat anyhow.
- 1 Daughter buys winning Set For Life lottery ticket for mum's birthday
- 2 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 3 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 4 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 5 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 6 Father's Day 2021: Authors from Kingsbury and Kilburn share experiences of being a dad
- 7 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 8 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
- 9 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 10 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
“He’s got to understand it’s a team game. He’s a little kid, he takes his toys home, but I thought he did alright today.”
Follow Ian Cooper on Twitter @QPRTimes