QPR manager’s joy tempered by a familiar problem
Warnock unhappy with Taarabt reaction
Neil Warnock admits he was ‘disappointed’ with Adel Taarabt’s angry reaction to being substituted in Sunday’s 1-0 win over Chelsea.
The Morocco international was visibly frustrated to being replaced by Tommy Smith on the hour-mark, disappearing straight down the players’ tunnel, and Warnock conceded he was unhappy with the midfielder.
“I was disappointed, I had a chat with him went I went on the pitch afterwards,” said the Rs boss. “It’s not about Adel, it’s about the team.
“Yes, he’s disappointed, but as I said to him beforehand it would have been easy for me to play Jamie Mackie today and leave him on the bench.
“I decided to play Adel [Taarabt] because I thought he could so some damage as well rather than just have two lads working up and down.
“We wanted to be creative when we got the opportunity. It’s limited with Chelsea, so we decided to play him in there rather than just work the full-backs and get beat anyhow.
- 1 QPR ground name to revert to Loftus Road for 2022-23
- 2 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 3 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 4 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 5 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 6 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 7 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 8 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 9 Police officer sacked after she 'failed' woman murdered by husband
- 10 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
“He’s got to understand it’s a team game. He’s a little kid, he takes his toys home, but I thought he did alright today.”
Follow Ian Cooper on Twitter @QPRTimes