QPR manager’s joy tempered by a familiar problem
Warnock unhappy with Taarabt reaction
Neil Warnock admits he was ‘disappointed’ with Adel Taarabt’s angry reaction to being substituted in Sunday’s 1-0 win over Chelsea.
The Morocco international was visibly frustrated to being replaced by Tommy Smith on the hour-mark, disappearing straight down the players’ tunnel, and Warnock conceded he was unhappy with the midfielder.
“I was disappointed, I had a chat with him went I went on the pitch afterwards,” said the Rs boss. “It’s not about Adel, it’s about the team.
“Yes, he’s disappointed, but as I said to him beforehand it would have been easy for me to play Jamie Mackie today and leave him on the bench.
You may also want to watch:
“I decided to play Adel [Taarabt] because I thought he could so some damage as well rather than just have two lads working up and down.
“We wanted to be creative when we got the opportunity. It’s limited with Chelsea, so we decided to play him in there rather than just work the full-backs and get beat anyhow.
- 1 Wembley bar issued final warning for late nights and Covid 'breach'
- 2 Thirteen arrested following trafficking raids in Kingsbury and Romania
- 3 Neighbours call on council to halt Neasden underpass housing plans
- 4 Petrol crisis: Brawls, long queues and empty stations across Brent
- 5 Kingsbury bar loses alcohol licence for hosting parties during pandemic
- 6 Brondesbury park woman denies killing Wembley pensioner
- 7 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 8 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 9 Lib Dem resigns from Brent's budget scrutiny taskforce
- 10 Special needs school's bus cut due to petrol crisis
“He’s got to understand it’s a team game. He’s a little kid, he takes his toys home, but I thought he did alright today.”
Follow Ian Cooper on Twitter @QPRTimes