QPR look for strike action
By Dave McIntyre QPR are today hoping to add to their strikeforce, with Jason Roberts and Rob Hulse among their targets. Rangers are expected to make a pre-deadline bid to sign Derby forward Hulse and continue to wait on Roberts, who has been considering
By Dave McIntyre
QPR are today hoping to add to their strikeforce, with Jason Roberts and Rob Hulse among their targets.
Rangers are expected to make a pre-deadline bid to sign Derby forward Hulse and continue to wait on Roberts, who has been considering his options since being told he can leave Blackburn.
Hulse, 30, has been on QPR's radar for some time and Derby are now willing to do business.
And Roberts, 32, has been lined up for a transfer to Loftus Road or an initial loan deal with a view to a future permanent move. But a number of other clubs are believed to be interested in the former Hayes striker.
Rs boss Neil Warnock has also made enquiries about numerous other players ahead of the transfer deadline, including Portsmouth duo Tommy Smith and John Utaka.
- 1 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 2 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 3 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 4 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 5 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
- 6 Almost 800 homes to be built next to Wembley Stadium
- 7 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 8 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 9 'It's about belief," says QPR boss ahead of Stoke clash
- 10 Dogs kill 'much-loved pet' in Brent park attack
Smith, 30, was recently a target for Glasgow Rangers but his proposed move stalled.
As of Tuesday morning, QPR had not received any firm bids for their unwanted players.
Patrick Agyemang and Gary Borrowdale were made available earlier this month, while Rowan Vine has been discussing a financial settlement with the club.