QPR look for strike action
By Dave McIntyre QPR are today hoping to add to their strikeforce, with Jason Roberts and Rob Hulse among their targets. Rangers are expected to make a pre-deadline bid to sign Derby forward Hulse and continue to wait on Roberts, who has been considering
By Dave McIntyre
QPR are today hoping to add to their strikeforce, with Jason Roberts and Rob Hulse among their targets.
Rangers are expected to make a pre-deadline bid to sign Derby forward Hulse and continue to wait on Roberts, who has been considering his options since being told he can leave Blackburn.
Hulse, 30, has been on QPR's radar for some time and Derby are now willing to do business.
You may also want to watch:
And Roberts, 32, has been lined up for a transfer to Loftus Road or an initial loan deal with a view to a future permanent move. But a number of other clubs are believed to be interested in the former Hayes striker.
Rs boss Neil Warnock has also made enquiries about numerous other players ahead of the transfer deadline, including Portsmouth duo Tommy Smith and John Utaka.
- 1 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 2 Police appeal to find missing 12-year-old boy
- 3 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 4 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 5 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 6 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 7 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
Smith, 30, was recently a target for Glasgow Rangers but his proposed move stalled.
As of Tuesday morning, QPR had not received any firm bids for their unwanted players.
Patrick Agyemang and Gary Borrowdale were made available earlier this month, while Rowan Vine has been discussing a financial settlement with the club.