QPR legend and former England goalkeeper breaks world record outside Wembley Stadium
David Seaman and Gavin Henson make the biggest catch
A FORMER England goalkeeper proved he has held on to his catching skills by breaking a world record in Wembley.
David Seaman and Welsh rugby player Gavin Henson have entered the record books after catching a ball thrown from 102.5 meters above the Wembley Stadium on Monday.
The pair’s achievement launched ‘Spots V Stripes’ the biggest game of catch in the UK organized by Cadbury to see how playful the nation really is.
Gavin represented the Spots and David the Stripes as balls were drooped from a great height with three chances for them to make a catch.
You may also want to watch:
The week long game allows participants to pass 100 purple balls around the country and see how far they travel for charity and they also have a chance of winning �5,000.
David, who also played for Arsenal and QPR, said: “Catch is fun; it’s what I did for a living!
- 1 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 2 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 3 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 4 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 5 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 6 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 7 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 8 Vale Farm Sports Centre offering facilities for free from May 17
- 9 Election 2021: All the candidates for mayor of London
- 10 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
“Playing is a great way to unite people in time for Christmas.
“Knowing that your pass will support communities at grass roots level is hugely motivating.
“You never know where the next England keeper might be lurking!”
Each of the 50 Spotty and 50 Stripey balls will contain a GPS system so people can follow their path in real-time at www.spotsvstripes.com/catch and play.
The ball that travels the furthest with the most passes will win.
For more information please visit www.SpotsvStripes.com/Catch.
The game ends on December 13.