QPR legend and former England goalkeeper breaks world record outside Wembley Stadium
David Seaman and Gavin Henson make the biggest catch
A FORMER England goalkeeper proved he has held on to his catching skills by breaking a world record in Wembley.
David Seaman and Welsh rugby player Gavin Henson have entered the record books after catching a ball thrown from 102.5 meters above the Wembley Stadium on Monday.
The pair’s achievement launched ‘Spots V Stripes’ the biggest game of catch in the UK organized by Cadbury to see how playful the nation really is.
Gavin represented the Spots and David the Stripes as balls were drooped from a great height with three chances for them to make a catch.
You may also want to watch:
The week long game allows participants to pass 100 purple balls around the country and see how far they travel for charity and they also have a chance of winning �5,000.
David, who also played for Arsenal and QPR, said: “Catch is fun; it’s what I did for a living!
- 1 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 2 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 3 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 4 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 5 View from the chamber - 'The recycling centre is just inside the new ULEZ boundary'
- 6 Kilburn grandmother hears 'terrific bang' as bathroom ceiling collapses
- 7 Wembley Football League supported by Raheem Sterling sees drama on finals day
- 8 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 9 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 10 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
“Playing is a great way to unite people in time for Christmas.
“Knowing that your pass will support communities at grass roots level is hugely motivating.
“You never know where the next England keeper might be lurking!”
Each of the 50 Spotty and 50 Stripey balls will contain a GPS system so people can follow their path in real-time at www.spotsvstripes.com/catch and play.
The ball that travels the furthest with the most passes will win.
For more information please visit www.SpotsvStripes.com/Catch.
The game ends on December 13.