QPR keeper to undergo scan today
Paddy Kenny remains a doubt for Rangers’ clash with Manchester United on Saturday
Paddy Kenny is set to undergo a scan on his hip injury today to determine whether he will be available for QPR’s clash with Manchester United on Saturday.
Kenny has missed the last three games with the injury, and in his place third-choice keeper Radek Cerny has produced a series of impressive displays, the latest of which came in Rangers’ 1-0 defeat to Liverpool at Anfield on Saturday.
“Paddy’s doing really well. He wanted to train with the rest of the squad on Wednesday and Thursday last week but they wouldn’t let him until he’s had a scan,” said Neil Warnock.
“He isn’t far away, but will he get back in? Cerny has been great for us since he’s come in and I’m so pleased for him, because he works so hard.
You may also want to watch:
“You won’t get a better pro than Radek. Every day he puts the work in to help the other keepers and isn’t doing it for financial reasons. Let him have his moment – he deserves it.”
Follow me on Twitter @QPRTimes
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 3 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 4 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 5 Traffic disruption in Brent from August 2-8
- 6 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 7 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man