QPR keeper hopes for new contract
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Rob Green wants to sign a new deal at QPR, and revealed that he “loves” life at Loftus Road despite a turbulent 14 months of his career.
Green’s current contract expires at the end of this season, and after ousting Julio Cesar, the goalkeeper said he is keen to discuss a new deal.
“It’s as settled as I have been in my career, so in that respect if something came around it’s worth talking about,” said Green.
“I wouldn’t be too presumptuous that they would want me around. It’s not for me to make a decision. Despite last season I really like playing here, I love the club.”
Green has kept a club record-equalling seven consecutive clean sheets in the Championship this season, but the 33-year-old played down his own impressive form.
He added: “If you are playing against the top teams every week, winning games and holding your own, that is the level. Perspective is a massive thing, which helps you in the rough times as well as the good times.”
- 1 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 2 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 3 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
- 4 'It's about belief," says QPR boss ahead of Stoke clash
- 5 Almost 800 homes to be built next to Wembley Stadium
- 6 Cricklewood man appears in court accused of Golders Green rape
- 7 Harlesden TSB branch faces the axe
- 8 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 9 Dogs kill 'much-loved pet' in Brent park attack
- 10 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets