QPR in advanced talks with Bolton defender Tim Ream
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
QPR remain hopeful of concluding a deal to sign Bolton defender Tim Ream, but face strong competition from west London rivals Fulham to secure his signature.
Ream has been in London with his representatives discussing personal terms with Rangers after the two clubs agreed a fee of £1.4million.
Rs head coach Chris Ramsey is hopeful the Championship side will complete a move for the American centre-back, but he has other irons in the fire if the deal collapses.
He said: “I know Les (Ferdinand) was bargaining hard last night (Thursday) trying to get it done, and it won’t be for the want of trying if it doesn’t get done.
“There’s a few other people we’ve looked at as alternatives, if needs be.”
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, Rangers remain in negotiations with Southend over the highly-rated Dan Bentley.
The west London side have already had two bids knocked back for the 22-year-old, but are expected to return with another bid for the goalkeeper.
- 1 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 6 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 7 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
Huddersfield’s Alex Smithies has been lined-up as a back-up target if Rangers fail to agree a fee for Bentley with the Shrimpers.