QPR in advanced talks with Bolton defender Tim Ream
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
QPR remain hopeful of concluding a deal to sign Bolton defender Tim Ream, but face strong competition from west London rivals Fulham to secure his signature.
Ream has been in London with his representatives discussing personal terms with Rangers after the two clubs agreed a fee of £1.4million.
Rs head coach Chris Ramsey is hopeful the Championship side will complete a move for the American centre-back, but he has other irons in the fire if the deal collapses.
He said: “I know Les (Ferdinand) was bargaining hard last night (Thursday) trying to get it done, and it won’t be for the want of trying if it doesn’t get done.
“There’s a few other people we’ve looked at as alternatives, if needs be.”
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, Rangers remain in negotiations with Southend over the highly-rated Dan Bentley.
The west London side have already had two bids knocked back for the 22-year-old, but are expected to return with another bid for the goalkeeper.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Body of newborn baby found in Grand Union Canal in Willesden
- 3 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 4 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 5 Three men charged after police officer injured in traffic stop
- 6 Summer of Play season launch in Wembley Park this June
- 7 Mother of newborn baby found in Willesden canal urged to seek medical help
- 8 Man jailed after assaulting police officers while drunk
- 9 Residents priced out the area they grew up in
- 10 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
Huddersfield’s Alex Smithies has been lined-up as a back-up target if Rangers fail to agree a fee for Bentley with the Shrimpers.