QPR in advanced talks with Bolton defender Tim Ream
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
QPR remain hopeful of concluding a deal to sign Bolton defender Tim Ream, but face strong competition from west London rivals Fulham to secure his signature.
Ream has been in London with his representatives discussing personal terms with Rangers after the two clubs agreed a fee of £1.4million.
Rs head coach Chris Ramsey is hopeful the Championship side will complete a move for the American centre-back, but he has other irons in the fire if the deal collapses.
He said: “I know Les (Ferdinand) was bargaining hard last night (Thursday) trying to get it done, and it won’t be for the want of trying if it doesn’t get done.
“There’s a few other people we’ve looked at as alternatives, if needs be.”
Elsewhere, Rangers remain in negotiations with Southend over the highly-rated Dan Bentley.
The west London side have already had two bids knocked back for the 22-year-old, but are expected to return with another bid for the goalkeeper.
- 1 Victim speaks out after Hampstead machete robbery
- 2 'Predator' acted as masseur to assault women
- 3 Dramatic Dieng equaliser sums up 'crazy game' for QPR boss Beale
- 4 Goalkeeper Dieng nets late equaliser to save QPR at Sunderland
- 5 Brent tenant 'distressed' at housing waiting list change
- 6 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 7 Coldplay at Wembley Stadium: Setlist and photos
- 8 New Kilburn mural to highlight borough's cultural heritage
- 9 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
- 10 London among areas where drought is declared
Huddersfield’s Alex Smithies has been lined-up as a back-up target if Rangers fail to agree a fee for Bentley with the Shrimpers.