QPR ready for friendly double with Hoffenheim
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Rs to face German opposition twice in two days this weekend
Queens Park Rangers head to Germany this weekend to face Bundesliga outfit Hoffenheim in two pre-season friendlies.
The Rs tackle Die Kraichgauer at the Hugo Koch Stadion at 3pm on Saturday, before taking on the same opposition at Hoffenheim’s training ground at 11am the next day.
Both games are sure to be a real test for new boss Steve McClaren as he looks to shape his squad ahead of the new Sky Bet Championship campaign.
McClaren has been putting his troops through their paces so far this pre-season, and young forward Paul Smyth believes the new man at the helm has made a positive impact.
You may also want to watch:
“It has been an amazing few weeks for me (working with McClaren), I feel I’ve learnt a lot,” the 20-year-old told the club website.
“The gaffer has told me lots of different types of movements he would like to see from me. Pre-season is the best time to work on that and hopefully I can take that into the season.”
- 1 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 6 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 7 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer