QPR handed tricky start to Premier League season
Rangers kick-off at home to Swansea - but then face Chelsea, Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur
QPR will face Chelsea, Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur inside the opening six weeks of the season, as the fixtures for the 2012-13 Premier League season were revealed today.
Rangers begin their campaign at home to Swansea, who will be under the guidance of new manager Michael Laudrup, on Saturday, August 18.
They travel to Norwich City seven days later, before embarking on a tricky run of games in September. Mark Hughes takes his side back to the Etihad Stadium – scene of their final-day survival last season – to play champions Manchester City on September 1.
Rangers then host Chelsea in the first west London derby of the season on September 15, while the month will also see a trip to Tottenham and a home clash with newly-promoted West Ham.
You may also want to watch:
Boxing Day will see QPR host West Bromwich Albion, before a trip to Stamford Bridge on New Year’s Day.
And Rangers’ run-in promises to be less daunting than last season’s final games. The final two months of the season will include home clashes against Wigan Athletic, Stoke City, Arsenal and Newcastle United, before a trip to Liverpool on May 19.
- 1 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 2 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 3 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 4 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 5 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 6 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 7 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 8 Letter on banning wearing of religious symbols
- 9 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 10 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
Follow me on Twitter @QPRTimes