QPR handed tricky start to Premier League season
Rangers kick-off at home to Swansea - but then face Chelsea, Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur
QPR will face Chelsea, Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur inside the opening six weeks of the season, as the fixtures for the 2012-13 Premier League season were revealed today.
Rangers begin their campaign at home to Swansea, who will be under the guidance of new manager Michael Laudrup, on Saturday, August 18.
They travel to Norwich City seven days later, before embarking on a tricky run of games in September. Mark Hughes takes his side back to the Etihad Stadium – scene of their final-day survival last season – to play champions Manchester City on September 1.
Rangers then host Chelsea in the first west London derby of the season on September 15, while the month will also see a trip to Tottenham and a home clash with newly-promoted West Ham.
Boxing Day will see QPR host West Bromwich Albion, before a trip to Stamford Bridge on New Year’s Day.
And Rangers’ run-in promises to be less daunting than last season’s final games. The final two months of the season will include home clashes against Wigan Athletic, Stoke City, Arsenal and Newcastle United, before a trip to Liverpool on May 19.
- 1 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 2 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 3 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 4 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 5 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 6 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 7 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 8 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 9 Call for investment in 'joke' Harlesden park
- 10 Covid: Slight rise in admissions but fewer patients in hospital overall
Follow me on Twitter @QPRTimes