QPR forward set for Blackpool move
Campbell eyes a return on loan to his former side
Forgotten forward DJ Campbell could be set to re-join former club Blackpool on loan next week.
Campbell is surplus to manager Mark Hughes’s plans for the season, and as expected failed to win a place in the manager’s 25-man squad.
However, Campbell failed to find a permanent move away from Loftus Road before the transfer window closed on Friday.
The 30-year-old is in contact with several clubs, but favours a return to the Tangerines when the loan window opens.
Campbell left Ian Holloway’s side for QPR last summer, but he failed to make an impression at QPR as a series of injuries restricted him to a handful of appearances.
Follow me on Twitter @QPRTimes.
- 1 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 2 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 4 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 5 'London is lagging behind – protect yourself and others from Covid'
- 6 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 7 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 8 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 9 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
- 10 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley