QPR fixtures 2011-12: Rangers face nightmare Premier League run-in
Rs handed a brutal climax to their first season back in the top flight
QPR’s long-awaited return to the Premier League has handed them a nightmare climax to the 2011-12 season.
Today’s fixture announcements have pitted Neil Warnock’s side against each of last season’s top five teams between early April and the last game of the season on May 13.
The Hoops’ daunting run-in begins with a home clash against Arsene Wenger’s Arsenal on March 31, before the Rs travel to champions Manchester United.
After taking on Swansea at home and West Brom away, Rangers play Tottenham at Loftus Road on April 21, and then make their first league trip to Stamford Bridge since 1996 to play Chelsea on April 28, before going to mega-rich Manchester City on the final day of the season, May 13.
You may also want to watch:
Before Rangers’ mammoth run-in, their first campaign back in the top flight after a 15-year absence begins at home, with the visit of Bolton Wanderers to Loftus Road on August 13.
The Hoops travel to Everton seven days later, and are away the following week against Wigan Athletic on August 27.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 3 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 4 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 5 Traffic disruption in Brent from August 2-8
- 6 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 7 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
October will see Warnock’s boys take on both of their fierce west London rivals, with a trip to Fulham on October 1, before they host Chelsea on October 22.
Manchester City will come to Loftus Road on November 5, before a tough-looking December brings games against Liverpool and champions Manchester United and a trip to Arsenal. Rangers go to Swansea on Boxing Day.
All fixtures are subject to change.