QPR defender Onuoha wants to join legends by winning the FA Cup
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Nedum Onuoha is hoping to join the legendary players who have lifted the FA Cup at Wembley.
Some claim the tournament has lost its famous magic, and a number of teams are likely to field weakened sides in the third round this weekend as they prioritise their league campaigns.
But Onuoha said: “I don’t think the competition is devalued. It’s the type of thing, when you get to the end of your career, not many people can say that they’ve won something.
“This is one of those moments. Having played at Wembley now for the first time last season, it’s the type of thing that I’d recommend for absolutely everybody.
“Going into the competition, I don’t think you can be thinking about solely the league because, what is it, a few games and you’re there [at Wembley] again.”
You may also want to watch:
QPR will take on Sheffield United at Loftus Road on Sunday and Onuoha is hoping this is the year the west London club make it through to the final.
Onuoha said: “For me you have to take it seriously and the history behind it as well. Some greats have walked up the steps and claimed that trophy and there have been some other teams as well that you would never have expected to be there.
- 1 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 2 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 3 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 4 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 5 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 8 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 9 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 10 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
“Going into it, why not be that team that manages to make it to the final?”