QPR defender is handed lifeline by Hughes
Matthew Connolly will have the chance to prove himself this season
Mark Hughes has quashed speculation that Matt Connolly will leave the club this summer, and insists the defender will have the opportunity to prove himself.
Connolly managed just seven appearances for the Rs last season, the last of which came under former boss Neil Warnock in the 1-0 defeat at Arsenal in December.
Hughes sent Connolly out on loan in January, and the 24-year-old had been tipped to depart Loftus Road this summer.
However, Hughes is keen to give the former Arsenal man first-team chances ahead of the new season.
You may also want to watch:
“Matt’s done really well. He will get more game time,” said Hughes. “It was difficult for him when I first came to the club because I hadn’t seen a great deal of him before that so I felt his best option was to go out on loan.
“But I always said that I wanted to see him in the summer and would give him the chance.”
- 1 Wembley bar issued final warning for late nights and Covid 'breach'
- 2 Thirteen arrested following trafficking raids in Kingsbury and Romania
- 3 Neighbours call on council to halt Neasden underpass housing plans
- 4 Petrol crisis: Brawls, long queues and empty stations across Brent
- 5 Kingsbury bar loses alcohol licence for hosting parties during pandemic
- 6 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 7 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 8 Brondesbury park woman denies killing Wembley pensioner
- 9 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 10 Lib Dem resigns from Brent's budget scrutiny taskforce
Follow me on Twitter @QPRTimes.