QPR defender is handed lifeline by Hughes
Matthew Connolly will have the chance to prove himself this season
Mark Hughes has quashed speculation that Matt Connolly will leave the club this summer, and insists the defender will have the opportunity to prove himself.
Connolly managed just seven appearances for the Rs last season, the last of which came under former boss Neil Warnock in the 1-0 defeat at Arsenal in December.
Hughes sent Connolly out on loan in January, and the 24-year-old had been tipped to depart Loftus Road this summer.
However, Hughes is keen to give the former Arsenal man first-team chances ahead of the new season.
You may also want to watch:
“Matt’s done really well. He will get more game time,” said Hughes. “It was difficult for him when I first came to the club because I hadn’t seen a great deal of him before that so I felt his best option was to go out on loan.
“But I always said that I wanted to see him in the summer and would give him the chance.”
- 1 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 2 Human remains found in Neasden believed to be missing Agnes Akom
- 3 Appeal for information after man shot in Stonebridge
- 4 Search continues for Agnes Akom after human remains found in Neasden
- 5 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 6 'Piercing scream' heard night two sisters killed in Kingsbury park
- 7 Mass vaccination event taking place at Bridge Park Community Centre
- 8 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 9 Man to appear at Old Bailey charged with murder of missing Agnes Akom
- 10 'I had to develop a thick skin': England's first black footballer Benjamin Odeje on encountering racism
Follow me on Twitter @QPRTimes.