QPR defender demands another clean sheet at Leeds
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Danny Simpson is determined to help QPR to another away-day victory against Leeds United on Saturday, and says the Rs must continue to keep clean sheets on the road.
QPR’s win over Bolton last weekend made it three victories from four league games – but the Rs slipped up with a 2-0 defeat to Swindon Town in the Capital One Cup on Tuesday.
Right-back Simpson, who helped both Newcastle United and Sunderland to promotion to the Premier League, believes the foundation for QPR’s challenge will be laid in defence.
And he wants a repeat of the performance at the Reebok, where QPR battled their way to a narrow 1-0 win. He said: “How do we get out of this league? Team spirit, and keeping clean sheets. We have got the players, the quality and that will show at times. But one of the most important things is that we have to be able to scrap. It is a tough league.
“Everyone can play nice football but if you can’t play the ugly side of football then you haven’t got a chance. Against Bolton, the last 20 minutes, we’re scrapping, winning headers, fighting and digging in together. That is what we are going to need this season.
“If we can perform as a unit and try to get the players on the ball who are going to get goals and get chances then I’m sure we’ll get more clean sheets and more wins.”
- 1 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 2 Man in stable condition following collision with a van in Neasden
- 3 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 4 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 5 'Security alert' at Willesden Junction causing severe delays on TfL network
- 6 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 7 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 8 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 9 ULEZ anomaly at Wembley Ikea meaning no £12.50-a-day emission fee
- 10 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street