QPR cruise to victory against Barnet
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Pre-season friendly: Queens Park Rangers 3 Barnet 0
QPR stepped up their new-season preparations with a comfortable 3-0 friendly win over National League outfit Barnet in a behind closed doors game at Harlington.
Goals from Ebere Eze, Matt Smith and Ilias Chair helped to brush aside John Still’s at the R’s training ground, following the 3-3 draw with Charlton Athletic on Saturday.
Rangers created a number of opportunities against their National League visitors early on and took the lead thanks to a stunning Eze effort in the 26th minute – as he lobbed Barnet’s goalkeeper Mark Cousins from 25 yards.
Smith, meanwhile, was presented with a number of first-half opportunities and finally struck an R’s second eight minutes before half-time, heading home Luke Freeman’s hanging left-flank centre.
You may also want to watch:
Rangers fielded an entirely-different XI for the final half hour.
Osman Kakay saw a 77th-minute header cleared off the line, before Chair thundered home Niko Hamalainen’s low left-wing cross to complete the scoring in the 84th minute.
- 1 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 2 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 3 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 4 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 5 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 6 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 7 'Universal credit cut is the worst possible decision at the worst possible time'
- 8 Brent Council ordered to apologise and pay wheelchair user £27,000
- 9 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?