QPR complete swoop for Arsenal defender
Senegal international Traore completes three-year deal
QPR have completed the signing of Arsenal left-back Armand Traore on a three-year deal.
Traore made 33 appearances for the Gunners in all competitions over a period of five years, and spent time last season on loan with Italian giants Juventus.
Traore slots into Warnock’s 25-man squad as a ‘home-grown’ player, also under the age of 21, with the strong and pacy France Under-21 and Senegal international becoming Neil Warnock’s third signing since Tony Fernandes completed his takeover.
“When I talked to Neil Warnock he was very passionate about what I could bring to the club,” said Traore.
“He was very motivated about playing me week in, week out, and that’s what I need at this stage of my career.
“I’ve not been able to prove and show what I’m all about because I’ve been at two big, big clubs like Juventus and Arsenal.
- 1 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 2 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 3 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 4 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 5 'Security alert' at Willesden Junction causing severe delays on TfL network
- 6 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 7 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 8 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
- 9 Almost 800 homes to be built next to Wembley Stadium
- 10 'A national shame': Damning review of Euro 2020 final chaos
“I’m looking forward to coming here and playing regular football.
“The ambition of the new owners and the calibre of players they are signing is something that really attracted me to the club.”
Follow Ian Cooper on Twitter @QPRTimes