QPR close in on Tottenham star
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
Harry Redknapp is confident of completing the signing of Tottenham Hotspur and England midfielder Scott Parker in the coming days.
Parker is surplus to requirements at White Hart Lane, falling down the pecking order after Spurs manager Andre Villas-Boas completed the signings of midfielders Paulinho and Etienne Capoue.
He was left out of Tottenham’s 19-man squad for their final pre-season friendly against Espanyol on Saturday.
And Redknapp, who brought Parker to Tottenham two years ago, sees the 32-year-old as the ideal man to spearhead QPR’s push for an immediate return to the Premier League.
Redknapp has already added Karl Henry and Gary O’Neil to his list of midfield options, but wants to add further new faces before the transfer window closes in early September.
You may also want to watch:
Parker’s salary continues to be an issue, with Rangers reluctant to meet his £70,000 a week wages, but Redknapp remains hopeful a deal can be struck for the former Chelsea and Charlton Athletic man.
Parker has made 49 appearances for Tottenham, but missed the first half of last season with an Achilles injury.
- 1 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 2 Met officer found guilty of assault after grabbing victim when off duty
- 3 Free vaccine walk-in at Central Middlesex Hospital
- 4 Appeal for information after man shot in Stonebridge
- 5 The Wembley flats with camper vans on the roof and furniture wearing boots
- 6 Teenager convicted of murdering Jamalie Deacon Matthew in Northwick Park
- 7 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 8 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 9 Kensal Rise group 'biggest team' taking on Blenheim Palace Triathlon 2021
- 10 Human remains found in Neasden believed to be missing Agnes Akom
Redknapp’s pursuit of Parker casts further doubt over the future of Alejandro Faurlin, who remains a target for Rangers’ west London rivals Fulham.