QPR close in on Tottenham star
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
Harry Redknapp is confident of completing the signing of Tottenham Hotspur and England midfielder Scott Parker in the coming days.
Parker is surplus to requirements at White Hart Lane, falling down the pecking order after Spurs manager Andre Villas-Boas completed the signings of midfielders Paulinho and Etienne Capoue.
He was left out of Tottenham’s 19-man squad for their final pre-season friendly against Espanyol on Saturday.
And Redknapp, who brought Parker to Tottenham two years ago, sees the 32-year-old as the ideal man to spearhead QPR’s push for an immediate return to the Premier League.
Redknapp has already added Karl Henry and Gary O’Neil to his list of midfield options, but wants to add further new faces before the transfer window closes in early September.
You may also want to watch:
Parker’s salary continues to be an issue, with Rangers reluctant to meet his £70,000 a week wages, but Redknapp remains hopeful a deal can be struck for the former Chelsea and Charlton Athletic man.
Parker has made 49 appearances for Tottenham, but missed the first half of last season with an Achilles injury.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 4 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 5 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 6 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 7 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 8 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 9 Man admits killing Kilburn waiter to end his days 'banged up' court hears
- 10 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
Redknapp’s pursuit of Parker casts further doubt over the future of Alejandro Faurlin, who remains a target for Rangers’ west London rivals Fulham.