QPR close in on former Fulham defender
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
QPR are closing in on former Fulham defender Chris Baird.
The 31-year-old Northern Ireland international was released by the Cottagers at the end of last season, and is available on a free transfer.
He made more than 100 Premier League starts in six years at Fulham, and trained with QPR earlier this month, ahead of a move which is expected to be confirmed this week.
Rs manager Harry Redknapp said: “I like Chris Baird; he knows what he’s doing and he’s a good player. I’d like to do something with him.”
Meanwhile, Redknapp confirmed that left-back Armand Traore wants to leave Loftus Road, with Dinamo Moscow ready to sign the 23-year-old former Arsenal man.
You may also want to watch:
Traore joined QPR in August 2011, but after relegation last season the club are willing to let the Frenchman leave. Redknapp added: “He’s not fit again at the moment [but] I think he wants to leave.”
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 4 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 5 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 6 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 7 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 8 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 9 Mayhew staff cull risk as animal charity is 'restructured'
- 10 Man admits killing Kilburn waiter to end his days 'banged up' court hears