QPR close in on former Fulham defender
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
QPR are closing in on former Fulham defender Chris Baird.
The 31-year-old Northern Ireland international was released by the Cottagers at the end of last season, and is available on a free transfer.
He made more than 100 Premier League starts in six years at Fulham, and trained with QPR earlier this month, ahead of a move which is expected to be confirmed this week.
Rs manager Harry Redknapp said: “I like Chris Baird; he knows what he’s doing and he’s a good player. I’d like to do something with him.”
Meanwhile, Redknapp confirmed that left-back Armand Traore wants to leave Loftus Road, with Dinamo Moscow ready to sign the 23-year-old former Arsenal man.
You may also want to watch:
Traore joined QPR in August 2011, but after relegation last season the club are willing to let the Frenchman leave. Redknapp added: “He’s not fit again at the moment [but] I think he wants to leave.”
- 1 Daughter buys winning Set For Life lottery ticket for mum's birthday
- 2 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 3 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 4 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 5 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 6 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 7 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 8 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 9 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
- 10 Father's Day 2021: Authors from Kingsbury and Kilburn share experiences of being a dad