McClaren to rotate QPR squad for cup clash
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Rs host Gasheads in second round of Carabao Cup on Tuesday night
Queens Park Rangers manager Steve McClaren is set to rotate his squad for the Carabao Cup second-round tie at home to Bristol Rovers.
The Rs make the trip to Birmingham City in the Sky Bet Championship on Saturday, but first face the Gasheads of Sky Bet League One in the Carabao Cup on Tuesday.
With McClaren still looking for his first away league win as QPR boss, the 57-year-old may prioritise the trip to St Andrew’s this weekend.
And the former England boss says that with the game against the Blues in mind, he may make changes to the side that beat Wigan Athletic in the league on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
“I think we are going to use the squad this time. I always try to do that. I always try to get through the first round,” McClaren told the club website.
“Squad members need to come in and perform and show character like we did against Wigan.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 5 QPR were soft in heavy Fulham defeat says boss Warburton
- 6 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 7 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 8 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
- 9 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 10 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
“We want to win every game and some of the players on the fringes haven’t had an opportunity, but have been training hard.
“Last time we didn’t really play them and this time we have got to give them a chance.
“We have to get the balance right as we want to win it to get ourselves another game after the international break.
“Birmingham is a big game, but it feels like a fresh start after what has been a difficult and tough start to the season.
“To end the week just gone with a win is great and we need to follow that up with one against Bristol Rovers.”